HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline April 23, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION
To be eligible to receive the NHSF scholarship, a student must:
1) demonstrate academic potential (no GPA requirement)
2) demonstrate family financial need -family income ceiling of $72,000 (extenuating family situations considered)
3) be a New Haven resident
4) have attended a New Haven public high school, Eli Whitney, Common Ground, Highville or Amistad, since the beginning of senior year.
The student :
1. must complete the NHSF application;
2. may then be asked to participate in an
interview with a Director of the NHSF;
3. and if selected, must attend the NHSF
Award Ceremony in June to receive your award.*
IF YOU QUALIFY TO APPLY, YOU CAN GATHER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION NOW:
1. A pdf copy of your high school transcript (ask your
Guidance Counselor to email this to you.)
2. A pdf of the first 2 pages of your parent(s) 2019 1040 tax.
If your parent(s) do not file, complete the "Alternative
Income Verification Form"
3. A pdf copy of your SAT scores This website clearly
NOTE: If your college applications did not require the SAT,
you don't have to submit scores.
STUDENTS INTERVIEWING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP MUST COMPLETE A COLLEGE COST FORM. You can print this form or copy the form on a piece of paper. Filling in the form helps you, your parent(s) and us see what your actual final need is.
TIP: There are free phone apps that scan and create pdfs
If you have an iphone, google how to scan using Notes.
*COVID-19 NOTE: We may be conducting interviews over the phone this spring and be unable to hold an award ceremony.