HOW TO APPLY
Application Available January 1
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION
To be eligible to receive the NHSF scholarship for College, Technical or Trade School, a student must:
1. demonstrate family financial need -family income ceiling of $75,000 (extenuating family situations considered)
2. be a New Haven resident
3. have attended a New Haven public high school, Eli Whitney, Common Ground, Highville or Amistad, since the beginning of senior year.
The student :
1. must complete and submit the NHSF application;
2. students will then be required to participate in an interview with a member of the Board of Directors;
3. if selected, must attend the NHSF Award Ceremony in June to receive your award. (Covid pending)
TO APPLY, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS :
1. pdf copy of your high school transcript.
2. an essay - "Describe your academic and career goals. What are your plans to achieve them? Please also include any of your extracurricular/volunteer activities both in and out of school."
3. pdf of the first 2 pages of your parent(s) 2020 1040 Income Tax.
If your parent(s) do not file, complete the
4. pdf of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA
5. pdf copy of your SAT scores . If the school(s) you're applying to did not require the SAT, you don't have to submit scores.
FOR YOUR INTERVIEW, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE
You can print this form or copy the form on a piece of paper. Filling in the form helps you, your parent(s)/guardian and us see what your unmet need is.
TIP: There are free phone apps that scan and create pdfs.
If you have a smartphone, google how to scan using Notes.