Each year the New Haven Scholarship Fund has a small amount of money available to grant
awards to continuing students. These awards should be considered individual one year
scholarships as we do not give multi-year awards and the amounts are based on how much
money is available and the number of applicants we have. You must apply each year for a
new award. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
1. Received a scholarship from the New Haven Scholarship Fund previously.
2. Attended college both semesters the previous year and are in good academic standing.
3. Will be attending college in the year the award is granted.
4. Need financial assistance.
Application Requirements: All applicants must submit the following:
1. A cover sheet with the following information:
Name, current address, phone number and e-mail address
School attended this past year
School you will be attending this coming year
Year you will be entering (sophomore, junior, senior or graduate)
2. A photocopy of your grades for both semesters, or a copy of the official transcript of
grades from the College Registrar’s office.
3.A copy of your family’s previous years IRS Tax Return with any additional information
indicating financial need. Include a copy of the financial package if you have received one
from the college. Also include an account of your efforts toward financial aid from college,
government, or other funds (what have you done to try and get financial aid for this year?).
4. An essay of one to two pages about your past year(s), your major and your plans.
(We like to see you as a person so let that be reflected in how you write the essay.)
Education Majors: should also indicate the subject and the grade level they are preparing to
teach and explain their choice of careers.
Applications must be submitted by June 30th and sent to:
Multi-year Awards Committee
New Haven Scholarship Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 8936
New Haven, CT 06532-8936
Only completed applications will be considered. Late applications will not be considered.
You will not receive other notices to reapply so the responsibility for keeping this information
and following through is yours alone.
Have a great college experience.
|Copyright 2007 New Haven Scholarship Fund,
Inc. New Haven CT.
"We'll get you started"